Imhotep’s Legacy Academy (ILA) is hosting our 3rd annual Young, Gifted & Black Science Fair (YGBSF). This Science Fair is designed to excite students of African descent about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Each student must register in their corresponding grade category.
- The projects must be done individually.
- ILA will provide all applicants with logbooks.
- The projects for YGBSF must be fully built.
- All YGBSF projects will be judged, and ILA will give prizes to the top three students.
- The top Ten YGBSF projects will go to Phase 1 of the Canadian Black Scientists Network (CBSN) local competition.
- The projects for CBSN competitions must be fully built.
- Three projects from CBSN Phase 1 (local competition – All Atlantic Provinces) will go to CBSN Phase 2.
- ILA will pay for the registration fees and the cost of materials required for any YGBSF projects that win CBSN Phase 1.
- ILA will also help to arrange STEM mentors for these students.
- The top three students from CBSN (Phase 2) science fair will compete at the Canada-Wide Science Fair (CWSF).
The registration deadline is October 22, 2023, at 11:59 pm. Register Here
- Junior – Grades 7-8
- Intermediate – Grades 9-10
- Senior – Grades 11-12
Exciting Gift Prizes
ILA will give prizes to the top three (3) students from the YGBSF for Phase 1 (All Atlantic Provinces):
- 1st Prize – $100 value
- 2nd Prize – $75 value
- 3rd Prize – $50 value
- The top three students will receive medals
- Participants will receive certificates and an ILA gift bag.
CBSN will give prizes to the top three (3) students from the CBSN regional competition (Phase 2):
- 1st Prize – $150 value
- 2nd Prize – $125 value
- 3rd Prize – $100 value
- Each top student will receive a fully paid trip to Ottawa, Ontario to attend the Canada-wide Science Fair.