2017 ILA Fall Professional Development Session – Office and Program Staff
Imhotep’s Legacy Academy (ILA) held its biannual Professional Development Session on October 14-15, 2017.
A BIG thank you to everyone who participated in the sessions and contributed to very meaningful information sharing.
ILA staff attend two mandatory PD sessions per year where they learn best practices in science activity delivery, gain a deeper understanding of the science concepts, and acquire an appreciation for the historical context of the African Nova Scotian experience.
We were honored to tap the expertise of several brilliant professors/educators/researchers who provided beneficial feedback to the ILA Coordinators and Mentors:
- Dr. Claudette Bouman, English Department Educator, Cole Harbour District High School
- Dr. O. Thomas Bouman, Associate Professor, Biology, Cape Breton University
- Dr. Claver Diallo, Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Sophia Stone, Professor, Biology, Dalhousie University, and
- Dr. J. Pemberton Cyrus, Associate Dean of Engineering, Dalhousie University, and ILA Board Chair.
Thanks to Dr. Barb Hamilton-Hinch, Assistant Professor, Leisure Studies, Dalhousie University, who provided the historical context for the necessity of the work that ILA is doing to reach and empower African Nova Scotian learners.
Once again this year, ILA is blessed with a Program Staff comprised of university students of excellence, who are committed to helping African Nova Scotian learners succeed. We thank you for your dedication! (View ILA staff information.)